Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's the final countdown!

Back from a glorious family vacation in North Carolina where I soaked up all the Vitamin D I could, knowing full well that I will be submerged in a land of gloom and rain. Good thing I love rainy days. 
But since my return, it has been a whirlwind of packing and organising.  I am attempting to fit my life into 2 large suitcases and it is proving to be no easy task.  Each suitcase is allowed 23 kg, or in American terms, 50 lbs.  This sounds like a lot, but I am quickly learning that it is not.  So fingers crossed I can get it down to below the allowed weight, but it is not looking pretty. 

Today I read an article which made me feel really warm and fuzzy inside.  I am taking out maximum loans from the government to pay for this ridiculous adventure.  People are constantly questioning me about how am I paying to live over in Scotland and for school, and to answer you all... monopoly money. I will get a fat check on Monday from the government which will pay for my tuition and living expenses.  It cannot come soon enough.  However, the below article put a damper on my excitement and threw up a "reality check" red flag.
The Government clearly hates students and does not want us to go to vet school.
(that is the title I gave it anyway)

So aside from worrying about packing my life, I am not fretting about future loans.  But the plus side to this is that the school I am attending has a fixed tuition rate, which is unlike those here in the states.  What this means is that they cannot jack up the price of tuition.  Too bad my fellow UK friends don't pay a penny for their education. But... I am going to vet school in a foreign, beautiful country with my lovely gentelman friend.  What more could a girl ask for?
Well I leave on Friday, best be packing.

TALLY HO! (this according to my father is a "Scottish" saying.  That and "chip chip cheerio").

2 comments:

  1. don't pack the wrong things in 2 suitcases, no compass, lunch box, flashlite, soap, bubbles, food containers, books, maps, stetoscope, etc.
    only pack:
    rolls of money collected from family, realitives and friends, mom's VISA, card, bank account numbers, debit cards, piggy banks, credit card numbers from family with security cides, phone numbers of rich family and friends, as many check books that you can find, gold coins, jewels, precious stones, diamonds, platinum, copper, etc.

    don't need the clothes either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is the day!
    Off we go to Scotland!
    New world awaits us!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete